Friday, June 28, 2013

Cuidado

Well, I'm getting transferred to my final area tomorrow. I'm so sad to leave this area, it's been so awesome!  Yesterday was so crazy busy, but we had a baptism so I was on cloud 9er all day! I got up to say my goodbyes in sacrament meeting and when I sat down people were weeping. That's right, weeping. They said such nice things to me. They love me, they really do! We had a beautiful baptism right after church and even the screaming 3 yr old couldn't chase the spirit that filled that room. I got a million kisses from the sweet woman we baptized then I had to run and grab her three extra jumpsuits to dry off with because her towel disappeared. oopsy. It's always going to be something. Right after, we went to watch the special missionary broadcast. I really enjoyed all those videos, it made me feel like I was back in the MTC with the spirit punching me in the eye balls every 5 seconds. Right after the broadcast we had to head over to another chapel for the missionary outgoing fireside. I have been leading the music at the past 5 of them and nothing was different this time except that right after President announced the opening hymn and turned around to sit down, I stood up, only instead of my foot being on the ground it was actually stuck in a metal grate and then went ankles, my knees, hands and face. I jumped right back up with my hair all over the world and announced to everyone that "I'm OK!". The room burst into laughter. President's face in priceless shock - Are you ok?! Is there blood? Are there bones sticking out? Are you going to die? Nope, nope, all good. Then I had to stand up there and lead a spiritual song having that epic scene replay in my head over and over...to the beat, of course. After I sat down, I realized I indeed did have blood and 4 or 5 purple lines dug into my knees. When I hit, I'm gonna hit hard. No worries, thanks to Lizzy, I always have the most fashionable band aids on hand. So many people came up to me afterward to give me hugs of support, sympathy and perhaps just gratitude for a bit of hilarity. I was informed on multiple occasions that I handled it like a pro. Yes! So, there's that.
 
I got to do an English exchange this week. That was fun. We had a really great "companionship study" where they just asked me a bunch of life questions. haha. I'm so old to them! I haven't really taught the gospel in English and it was nice to give it a go. I don't think I get as many understanding eyes when I'm speaking in English - they expect me to make sense - dang it! I think I might have actually even helped a little. One of their investigators asked a really good, but tough question and the two Sisters went a little blank and then both stared right at me. Oh, right. I guess that means I'm answering it. Some how I managed to answer it pretty decently because it left him speechless. That's right spirit punch!
 
Last Thursday was my last day at the Pulga. I had to make it the best Pulga day ever and it was. We took some time and walked around the whole thing looking for any last treasures. I'm going to miss being at that bizarre place! It was so fun crying repentance to all the passersby. Thank heavens I'm so cute or I might have been shot.
 
We had a great dinner this week with a strong member of the ward and she was sharing some of her very spiritual experiences with us. She's a dreamer, as I've learned a lot of the people I work with are. So we were talking about this being one of the gifts of the spirit. She went on to talk about a whole bunch of beautiful gifts of the spirit. As she was talking I was thinking about some of the gifts I've received by the spirit. I know I've got the gift of tongues...it's not perfect, but it's for sure there. I know I have a gift for taking to people, loving them and for just knowing the truth of this gospel. We then spent some time talking about how we can ask for the gifts of the spirit. I asked her why she thought God gives us these gifts and I loved her answer. She said, because He freely gives us everything. It's so true. Our Heavenly Father wants to give us everything! How amazing is that?! All we have to do is ask for them. All we have to do is desire them. Of course that comes with trying to do those things he has asked of us, but when we have that righteous desire, He will bless us with whatever we desire of Him. That gave me so much joy just thinking about and I wanted to share it. Our Heavenly Father is just waiting to give us everything! Let's go get it!
 
xoxo,
Hermana Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment