Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Milagros!

I realized after I sent my last email that I never talked about my incidents with chickens and bunnies. I bet everyone was just dying to know and I left everyone hanging on a cliff. Mi malo. I shall make amends. So, people I teach own chickens and bunnies. Turns out chickens like to be free more than dogs...so sometimes they get in the house and then you have a chicken race all through the house trying to catch them. They squeak. Also, they slip around on tile and that is supes hilarious. Bunnies. I learned how to properly hold a bunny for show, so now when I get home I can start joining bunny show cases and maybe make millions of dollars.
This was a rough week. All thanks to Satan. Jerkstore. But it ended with a flood of miracles! I am still in shock over the miracles that occurred this weekend, so I'm going to have to share them. We had a baptism for a 13 yr old girl scheduled for Saturday. This was not her first baptismal date so I was already being extra cautious and nervous for it to actually happen. By Wednesday, we had finalized the time and plans of the baptism and by Thursday she had been interviewed and all ready for dunking. Friday we went over to try on the jumpsuits and she comes to the door with sadness all over her. Her mom decided that morning that they had to go to a family reunion out of town and wouldn't be able to come to the baptism. Not only that but she was with a JW all day. Oh glory. I was at a loss of words. How on earth was I going to convince a 13 yr old girl to stand up to her mom and her JW friend and say no, she wouldn't be going because she wanted to get baptized. All I could do is say, we need a miracle, let's just pray. She asked me to do it and with all the faith I could find I said the most sincere, pleading prayer I've ever said in my life. We really needed a miracle. I could feel the walls shaking as I pleaded for the Lords help in softening her mother's heart. We left her house unsure whether or not there would be a baptism the following night. After we returned home for the evening I got a call from her and with tears in her voice, she told me her mother had told her no, she was no longer allowed to get baptized. Again, at a complete loss of words, helplessly listening to her heart break, I asked if if she wanted to get baptized tomorrow. She said with all her heart she did. Then I asked her if she thought God could give her a miracle and without even hesitating she said yes. I told her to go to her room and with all the faith she had to beg her Father in Heaven for a miracle, to ask that he soften her mother's heart so that she could follow Jesus Christ and be baptized tomorrow. "Do you think this will work, B?" "Yes, Hna Hall." "Me too. You're gonna get baptized tomorrow." After we hung up the phone I looked at my companion and we both dropped to our knees and offered yet another plea for help. As soon as we got up the phone rang. It was her, this time with excitement on the other end. "My mom said YES, she said I can get baptized tomorrow!" WHAT?! I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Literally within 5 min, a miracle was dumped in our laps. Heavenly Father heard our prayers, He softened hearts and He gave us a miracle. On the morn of the baptism, we took another investigator to the Oakland Temple Visitors Center and I spent all morning in awe of that beautiful place (filled with a dozen brides, btw) and with the blessings I received. Perhaps, still a little nervous that Satan would still try to rain on our parade later that day...but in the end, as it will be, he lost. She and her mother showed up to the baptism, early, both beaming from ear to ear. Her mother hugged me tightly and thanked me for helping her daughter become a Mormoncita. (she's totes next, called it) The baptism was beautiful, the spirit was bursting out of the room and a little girl got her wish to be baptized so she could show her love and desire to follow Jesus Christ. There could be nothing more lovely.
 
In other news I left a dinner appointment the other day with the other Sister's keys in my purse so they had to walk 3 miles while we finished up an appointment. Mi malo.
 
xoxo,
Hermana Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment