Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mmm Garlic

Last week I was officially a travelling missionary. I went on 3 exchanges in 3 days. It was intense! The first one put me back with my Spaniard. Oh how I missed her so. It was nice to be back with her and see how much better my Spanish is getting...or maybe that her English is getting better. I don't know, but I'm going to say it's me. ha. Day One was in a tiny farming town, Hollister. On the way you get the lovely aroma of one of the world's largest compost piles. Mmmm. Delish. It's amazing how quickly you can fall in love with a tiny town. It's just so cute, I want to pinch it's cheeks. I also love how excited the Sisters get when I come to visit. I'm not sure I totally get it, but I don't mind it, that's for sure. We had some really awesome visits and almost secured a baptism date. These two sisters are really new missionaries and I'm just so impressed with how fantastic they are! They really get the whole teaching by the spirit thing and how to listen to people's needs. It just felt so good to watch.
 
Day 2 was just down the way in another small town, Gilroy. Also known as the garlic capitol of the world. And I thought the compost pile smelled bad. How wrong was I! Yowza. Garlic smells good in restaurants, but really not when it's growing. All my stuff smells like garlic now. It was a great visit. Again, I was amazed by these Sister missionaries. I think I've been really worried about the age drop, and there are for sure some issues, but for the most part the missionaries are really doing their very best and since they are here doing the very best thing, the Lord makes it work and it's glorious!  They had a baptism in the evening, always a pleasure to attend however, the man performing the baptism forgot to pull out the plug to the font and well...we couldn't leave it like that. So, I did what I had to do. We locked the doors, I hiked up my skirt and I just climbed right into the font and ripped out the plug. I did, however, fail to correctly calculate the depth of the water and ended up completely soaked. That was fun explaining. Oh well. The mission life. A worthy cause.
 
Until next time,
xoxo,
Hna Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment