Sunday, August 4, 2013

Buns, the hot dog kind

We are already in the last week of this transfer. It has flown by. My last two transfers are going to be lightning speed. Cyn just reminded me that I'm going to be home 3 months from today. Holy guacamole! Man, I wish we had guacamole here, but they don't really do that. And if they do smash up avocados they put it with haberno peppers and you just start sweating out your eyeballs.
 
This past week we had to do more outdoor service. This is going to be the death of me. Let's put a 30 something yr old pale face redhead out in the sun for 3 hours and just watch what happens. It's not pretty people! We were cutting off dead flowers from a mile long row off plants. I thought I was going to die, I think I even passed out at one point. The 19 yr old missionaries don't quite get that your body literally shuts down at some point. They get super confused when I complain about my back and feet hurting. Back pain? What's that. Ugh. Kids these days!
 
We had a really interesting week. I sure know how to find the crazies or they sure know how to find me so we had some really draining encounters. My companion and I have spent a lot of time laughing about all the craziness and just keep ourselves really positive about, honestly, some pretty scary stuff. The topic that keeps coming up is fear. Recently, we were teaching a lesson about fear and faith and how faith can not exist where there is fear but faith can cast out fear. It's interesting how opposite and yet closely connected these two things are. It's so very hard to have enough faith to cast out fear and yet we know from everything the scriptures and prophets teach us that faith is so much more powerful than fear. When it comes to ourselves, we've been working on being warriors of faith. Everyday we remind ourselves that we are better than fear. We will have no fear opening our mouths, we will have no fear speaking the language, we will have no fear to share our testimonies. As we've put more focus on doing the things we've been asked to do, fearlessly, as missionaries...we are finding greater faith which in turn kills our fear. It's a never ending battle, but it's a battle we've been promised from on high that we can win. Never settle, never back down, never surrender to fear. Let our faith shield and protect us through the battles of every day life.
 
xoxo,
Hna Hall
 

No comments:

Post a Comment