Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Perfect Baptism

The perfect baptism was had this past Saturday. It was perfect because it started basically on time, they only had to be dunked once and there wasn't a dry eye in the whole room! Woohoo! Making people feel the spirit so hard their eyes can't hold it in! It was a really special day. I didn't even have any panic that it wasn't going to happen or that something crazy was for sure about to happen. It was just perfect. What a relief. No crazies this time! Of course yesterday during the confirmation the man that was supposed to do one of the confirmations decided that he had the right and privilege to do them both so he wouldn't move out of the way for the Elder to do the second one. That was a little awkward to watch. The Elder was really good about it and just let him go. Oh well. At least it happened. 

Now that I've gotten used to living with 4 sisters in a tiny 1 bedroom apartment, it's really quiet and lonely with only the 2 of us there now. I'm sure it won't last long...but then again, I don't have much longer! Ahhhh!

We picked up a new investigator last week. We would be baptizing her but she's going back to Mexico in 2 weeks and thinks it would be too fast. I told her it would be but it'd also be an adventure and who doesn't love an adventure! She didn't fall for it. Anyway, she was so presh. She said she'd been wanting to have a Bible in her house for the longest time to keep away the evil spirits...which I know now are totes real...and she was overjoyed when we gave her the Book of Mormon. She said it's not the Bible, but I know it's from God and that keeps all the bad out. haha. So true. Now if only I could trick her into missing her flight...

I went on an English exchange last week. It's always super weird to me now to teach the gospel in English. Also, it's way harder. I feel bad for them. It was a really great experience and the Sisters were in awe at how 'easy' and 'quickly' they saw me invite someone at a service we were doing to be baptized. They were like how do we do that?! Uh...you just tell them. Of course we talked about it a little more...there is a lot of fear in sharing the gospel and inviting people to be baptized. Thankfully I learned pretty early on in my mission that what we have, the gospel of Jesus Christ, is something that everyone needs. They need to be baptized, they just don't know it yet. When I changed the way I looked at that, it was so much easier for me just to straight up ask something. Also...having this badge, speaking broken Spanish and working with humble Latinos has really helped. But the fear for that is gone. I only hope that I can do my part when I get back in the world. I remember real life. I remember not sharing the gospel...there were a million understandable reasons. However, the truth doesn't change. We have what EVERYONE needs. We have to share it and we should not be shy about it. You don't have to go around and invite people to be baptized every day like we do, but please remember there are simple things that we can do that will open the window or door even just a crack to something getting a little closer to the one thing they must absolutely have. So there's that. 

xoxo, 
Hna Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment