Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Quincenera

We went to Santa Cruz yesterday. This time we buried a Hermana in the sand. I felt 12 for doing it but I'm not going to lie, it felt fantastic! The beach is the best medicine for a long missionary week. I wish it was closer, but a 45 min bus ride really isn't bad. I'm so glad our President let's us go...now only if he'd let us ride the roller coasters on the Boardwalk! Our district had a blast yesterday. We were all laughing and smiling and just having a grand time. I don't think this zone has seen so much happiness in awhile and it was nice to be a part of that cheer. I think it's kind of hard to be unhappy around me. I'll take the bullet for that responsibility of providing joy unto all who will partake. Humility first.
 
This past week was my 15 month mark on the mission so my precious Spanish district threw a Quincenera for me. It was THE BEST! They got me 15 Dt Cokes, 15 bags of chips, 15 hand written priceless coupons for things that only missionaries can give to other missionaries and a bunch of other adorable memories. It  was so sweet I almost cried. The only thing missing was a big, huge, poofy dress and 15 men dressed up the same lined up by my side all night. So presh.
 
Just the normal missionary business the rest of the week. I went on exchanges up north and got to sit in a massage chair. I'm now considering telling President this is a must have for the well being of the missionaries. I didn't realize how busted up my back was. If anyone is planning on my Christmas present already...massages is a good start. Just saying. Oh, also I'm looking for a husband. No big.
 
Contacted a nun the other day. She sure looked uncomfortable when I talked about the power of God we have as a result of Joseph Smith and then I could see her getting a little jealous when I told her that I get to date when I get home. Ah poor nun. Come join us - life is better!
 
The other day in Zone Training I was in charge of a 20 min presentation on how to work well with others. I got up and told them we had to get the wiggles out like we do in primary so I made all 16 Elders stand up and learn all 8 verses of Book of Mormon Stories with the matching hand motions. It was the BEST. They loved it so much. Each pair ended up learning one verse and then performing their own each in order. It was fantastic. It should have been on television. I'm also glad they were good sports about it and didn't boo me off the stage. That would have been super embarrassing. Talk about backfire.
 
Well that's all for now folks. Until next week...say your prayers.
 
xoxo,
Hna Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment