Monday, August 5, 2013

Trio

Whelp, I'm gonna be in a trio this next transfer. That'll be interesting. I'm gonna get a new missionary too. I'm sure she will be 19 and we'll see how long it takes before she finds out how ancient I am and freaks out. We are going to have some great adventures! I am really sad to be losing my current companion, we've laughed so much. It's been such a treat.
 
Yesterday during testimony meeting someone got up and asked for help finding housing and then gave everyone his phone number...over the pulpit. I think I'm going to to try that when I get home except that I'll be looking for a husband. I had to give our investigators a head's up that this meeting would be a little different that then rest since anyone can get up and talk. At least we keep things interesting in Latino wards!
 
I had an all day meeting last Friday and it was pretty random, but I did find a way to pull out a theme. It seemed to be working well with others and listening to the Holy Ghost. Of course my part of the day was the interactive part where I had a bunch of Elders come up front, I tied their hands together with ribbon and made them tie a tie around someone's neck. It was so hilarious. Hopefully they got the idea that you have to work together even when stuck in pretty awkward or uncomfortable situations but it was at least entertaining. Due to the increase arrival of missionaries, our mission and I'm sure others are suffering from some growing pains and we've had to do things a bit differently. There are a lot of new sisters coming in that are co-covering multiple areas. The drama has just increased. Missionaries are having to learn new levels of compromise and humility. It's been a bumpy road. It's really hard to change your way of thinking and remember that this is the Lord's work so it doesn't really matter who gets credit, who has the most lessons, who has the most baptisms. We have to think of these people first. Always think of others first. Leave your pride at the door and beg for help each day from our Father in Heaven. That's a tough lesson for these young kids. But the Lord has called them, he will qualify them and the work really is rolling forward like a gigantic rock thing they talk about in the scriptures. Nothing can stop it.
 
xoxo,
Hna Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment