Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sisters' Retreat

This past Thursday, we had a Sisters' Retreat for all the Sister Missionaries in the mission...which is now about 110 sisters. Just to show what that number really means when I got here there were 36. So yeah. Also, to explain what "retreat' for missionaries means I will say what is does not include...facials, pedicures or time to talk. Those things are all strictly forbidden. However, it was really fun. The last one was almost a year ago and it was a drag. I hated most of it. This year we did a bunch of different things. For starters, I got to write a skit for the sister leaders to do at the beginning. That was a hoot. Picture this: The wives of Nephi and Sam having a play date with the wives of Laman and Lemuel. It was filled with all kinds of punny Book of Mormon jokes, witty missionary jabs and a good hard look at how gossip and backbiting are never pretty in any century. I made myself laugh quite a few times and I heard some good chuckles from the audience so I think it was well received. It sure was a lot of fun.
 
They've been setting up pumpkin patches at several busy intersections around here. It's making me so trunky! haha. They are a big deal around here. They set up inflatable slides and games. It looks so fun I just want to go and hang out there! Maybe we can teach a lesson or two on the giant tiger slide.
 
We had another miracle Sunday ayer. Once again, the week got away from me and we were behind on all our goals. There was literally no visible way for us getting done what we needed to do. Not only that, but we had to help a sister move out for an emergency transfer. Oh man. After dinner I walked away from the Elders with my fist in the air shouting to my companion in the middle of the street "Here comes another test of faith, are you ready?!" One of the Elders shouted back at me, give up it Hna Hall, you don't stand a chance...just accept it. I turned around and said oh yeah...you're on...you vs me and the Lord! Deal! An hour later we had 4 new investigators. Booyah!
 
We got back in the car and I was joking with my companions (I have 2 right now) that I felt like Ammon running around giddy off all my missionary successes that I almost passed out. Then comes Aaron, the realist, reminding me to stop bragging, it's actually the Lord's success. Well, indeed I do know that, Aaron. There was only one way this happened and it was for sure not because of me and my terrible Spanish. Then we just stared at each other for like 5 minutes amazed at how things timed up just perfectly yesterday so we could find these people. We were late to everything yesterday but because of that we got to a street just in time to help a family unload their car who then invited us in so we could bear our testimonies and share what we are here to do. A FAMILY, whom you can just feel is ready to hear the gospel. It's remarkable how we are continually placed in the right path, at the right moment, for a grand reason.
 
Nothing was adding up to anything that made sense yesterday. We were losing time faster than a sinking ship and our goals were so far out of our range. And then again came the trial of our faith and the Lord made up the difference. The impossible turned possible. It will always and forever be true. I'm so grateful for this lesson on faith I'm learning right here at the end of my mission. I have a feeling I'm going to need a lot of faith when I get home...jobless, car less and homeless. Hmmm...oh my.
 
xoxo,
Hna Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment