Monday, October 28, 2013

The Last Day

Wow. Today is my very last P-Day. That's supes weird. Our apartment is covered in my things. Packing is the worst...especially when you have to keep it under 50 pounds. This is going to be an adventure. Yikes. 

I haven't been sick my whole mission. I've been so lucky, so blessed...until this weekend. Then it hit me. I keep saying it, my body is breaking down. That's real life! It knows it's done and it's just imploding. Thank heavens we had a mini-missionary here with us so that her and my comp could get some work done while I lay comatose on my bed with rotating companions. It did give me time to work on my final talk in our ward yesterday. A 15 min talk. In Spanish. Holy cow was that hard! But I did it. I was so worried that I was going to have a coughing fit at any moment and then pass out up there from lack of oxygen. That sure would have been an epic farewell but my companion said she prayed for me and it worked because I didn't cough once! There sure were a lot of eyes on me and they didn't seem to be confused eyes so I think I mostly made sense. Phew. I made a joke about me loving chocolate and then that is all I heard the rest of the day...Hey Hna Hall, how bout that chocolate. hahahaha. Oh man. Well, it's true, I do love chocolate. 

Yesterday was the most perfect day. We started it off by squeezing one more baptism in bright and early before church. That is just how we do it out here. haha. And just like we do here in San Jose Spanish program a cop showed up to check out the situation right during the service. Ah. Classic Hna Hall baptism. In my outgoing interview with President last night he said,"Thanks for all your hard work and for the theater." Well, I do what I can for the people. After the interview was the despedida (farewell) for all the departing missionaries. For the first time in a long time there were more Spanish speakers going home than English so the church was filled with Latinos. It was the best! I got up and made some jokes about getting married and over eating. They loved it. I thought it was going to be really sad and I would be in tears and snot or coughing my head off...some crazy disaster. But it was actually so much fun. My families from my previous areas came and loved me! We took photos, we laughed, we hugged. It was just awesome. I felt so loved. So blessed. We got home way past curfew but it was totes worth it. Sorry President. 

Whelp this is my last missionary post. I hope you've enjoyed it right along with me. I hope to see you all in person very soon. Thank you so much for all your support. Your love, prayers, letters have helped in more ways that I could ever express. This mission was a gift to me. I was not by any means perfect. I made a lot of really dumb mistakes. I had hard companions. I had hard days. But the time I've had here has blessed my life. I've learned so much. More than just Spanish and the fact that I can indeed eat 4 dinners and chile. I've learned to share the gospel. I've learned to look for and appreciate miracles and I've learned that our Father in Heaven loves us so much. I was lucky enough to help people into the waters of baptism, to start a new life walking in the joy of Christ but this mission has done more for me than I could have ever expected. I testify that Jesus Christ lives. I know there is a purpose and a plan for us. I know that we are meant and destined to have joy in this life and forever. All that we could ever imagine is waiting for us, we must only step up and ask for it. And it is never ever too late to do that. Come unto Him. 

Hasta ver!

xoxo, 
Hermana Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment