Monday, September 23, 2013

Fiji

While contacting the other day we ran into a family that was unloading their car. We offered our help expecting them to say no thanks like everyone else...but they took us up on it! We were so shocked and excited that we ran over there and began unloading huge boxes of alcohol. My sweet innocent companion actually had to ask me what it was. Presh. But then they invited us to stay and visit for awhile! Woohoo! They are from Fiji so I told them that I really like Fiji water and the bottles are so cool, but I had to know if it really is from there. They told me that indeed the water does come from the Fijian mountains and is the best in the world. You are all welcome. I ask the hard questions. It was the funniest visit. They were so warm and kind, just like Latinos. I asked them about their Gods. They asked about ours and then we prayed together...to one God. They invited us to their alcohol party but also said we could come back and talk about God again. That we will for sure do.
 
Later we gathered all the neighborhood kids around to teach them about the Holy Ghost. I love teaching kids...they get things about God so quickly. It was an awesome lesson...so I told them to run home right now and tell their parents about the beautiful angels they met in the street that want them to live with God again. We'll see what that brings us...
 
We've had a ton of success recently just walking the streets. We have to get in there...stalk people right in front of their faces. I'm so glad we have a car, but to find the people we have to use our feet. On Saturday we walked a Latino neighborhood for a little over an hour and picked up 4 new investigators. It was a miracle! I love miracles. They are such a high. They always come at a really good time.
 
Saturday night our ward had a "Cultural Activity". I've learned in Spanish wards this is code for tons of food and dancing. It was so much fun. There are some Hawaiian Latinos in our ward so they did some hula. That was beautiful. Then some families danced some traditional Mexican dances. I want one of those dresses. I also ate so much that my companion had to wheel me out in the trash can. Oops.
 
Today is the start of my last transfer. Six weeks left. I simply cannot believe it. This time is going to fly by. I hope you are all ready to hear me tell all my missionary stories over and over again until you pass out. It's gonna be great!
 
xoxo,
Hermana Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment