Tuesday, September 10, 2013

BYU beat UT?

So I heard that BYU beat UT the other day. It's still weird to me that I live in a world where I hear all news days and days later.  My favorite is when people start talking about a huge, current world event and we look like morons with our blank faces like the cold war just ended. Missionaries are so weird. I apologize in advance for all the things that I have no idea about when I return. Instead I have lots of crazy Spanish stories to tell everyone!
 
I have no recollection of the past week so I do not know what will appear in this email...
 
I do remember getting super fed up with my all the Elders in our zone and might have chastised them all a bit. Then I remembered they are just 20 yr old boys and I'm probably expecting a little too much. Mi malo. But they snapped right up into shape and we all worked out little missionary hineys last week and saw a lot of awesome miracles. We set some really high goals and on Sunday night when I had only met half of them I started to panic. I mean, I looked those Elders straight in the face and said this is an act of faith, do you have it or not? And then I can't do it?! How embarrassing! No. I would not let it happen. My companion and I were chanting in the car We Will, We Will Rock You...with the spirit! And then we hit the streets. In 1 hour we picked up 3 new investigators. There were miracles that dropped from the fruits of the heavenly tree. I couldn't believe we did it. But oh, we did. We met out goals so I don't have to go to zone meeting today with crow all over my face. Thank heavens.
 
The lesson that I continue to learn on the mission is how involved the Lord really is in this work. There is really very little I do every day to spread the gospel. My goal is to not mess it up. My goal is to open my mouth and spit out whatever the Holy Ghost needs to do. Sure, we study, we practice, we pray, we talk, we love...but we are literally nothing. I joke around that "I get dates". For some crazy reason, I do. I have gotten a lot of baptismal dates, it's true, but there is not a single date that the Lord hasn't just placed in my little hand to which I pray every moment I don't mess up. I can't believe how much the Lord trusts us, but really...He just needs our hearts. We can't mess it up. He can do anything with our tiny hearts and He does so much. What a testimony I have gained about the power of small and simple things for I am small and simple. I barely know Spanish, I still don't know how many Nefis there are I don't remember how to spell anything, and I don't even know what city I'm in half the time, but the Lord has directed me to His children. Lives are changing for the better every single day. Including mine.
 
We go over the same thing with members every day, they don't see how valuable they are in this work. Please don't forget how valuable each one of us is in the Lord's work. There are some awesome new videos on lds.org that show how easy it is to share the gospel, check them out. Open your hearts to those moments the Lord WILL give you. Smile. Open your mouth. Be a friend, the kind of friend our Savior is. I am kicking myself at all those moments I missed before the mission. I stayed in my happy bubble and went about my business, but you can bet that will change when I get home. There is nothing more rewarding than watching someone realize how valuable they are here in the this whole big plan the Lord has for us. They simply don't know. They don't know we have what they need. We must share it.
 
Well, there was that...an interesting email. Enjoy. Um...also. I fell in the tub and have huge bruises down my leg. I'm telling people that I got stuck while rock climbing because that sounds way cooler.
 
xoxo,
Hna Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment