Friday, September 6, 2013

8

I only have 8 weeks left on my mission. 8 weeks. That's nothing. And yet, I've got so much to do in that time. Ahhhh!
 
This was a rough week. I had to spend several days out of my area putting out fires which means I had to abandon my  poor baby companion here with some other sisters. When I got back there were new fires to put out! But that's how it goes. At the end of the week, there was a last minute baptism in my last area of a women we were referred to all the way from El Salvador. I was ecstatic it finally happened. It took at least a dozen miracles for her to make it to the font and another half a dozen for me to make it to the baptism in time. It was a typical, crazy, last minute baptism including screaming children and your standard bossy member telling the Ward Mission Leader from the back of the room that he wasn't doing things correctly. Ah, people, gotta love 'em. But afterward, that sweet woman with dripping wet hair gave me the biggest hug in the world and just said thank you. I could barely keep my eyes from flooding. That's what it was all about. She found the peace she was looking for. It was sure an uphill battle getting her to the font and she knows it's going to be an uphill battle from now on, but that hug said it all. It was worth it.
 
I'm so grateful for the opportunities I've had to be in these people's lives, to be a part of their struggles, their joys and their changes. It lifts me up. It strengthens me and it reminds me that there really is someone who cares for us. He watches us. He protects us. He loves us. He calls us. As a missionary I get to be sent all the time on behalf of the Lord. Most of the time I have no idea where or why he has placed me as He does. I love it when I get to look someone in the eyes who has just been punched in the gut by the Holy Ghost and tell them that our Father in Heaven sent us to you, because he's aware of you and because He loves you and He wants you back. I've never ever doubted the truthfulness of those words I speak almost every single day. It's truly remarkable and it's a privilege to bear it.
 
 
xoxo,
Hermana Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment