Monday, May 6, 2013

Cinco de Mayo


Last Cinco de Mayo was spent in the safety of the MTC with the sweet package my BFF sent me full of all the "traditional" fiesta items like fake mustaches and pinatas. Turns out, real Cinco de Mayo, at least in San Jose, is absolutely bonkers. We had to be back in our apartments before dark and the only things we saw outside yesterday were Mexican flags and beer. All the major freeways were shut down and there was bumper to bumper traffic filled with trucks, cars, low riders, motorcycles draped in Mexican flags blasting Mariachi music from every possible speaker. It was insane! I so wish I had my camera, I've never seen anything like it. Now, no one has any clue what they are celebrating, but they sure now how to party. No drunken hugs for Hna Hall this holiday. Success.
 
This week was focused on bribery. We have several investigators that want to get baptized, but just can't seem to make it to church. President told me I had to do anything and everything possible to make sure they come to church. It came down to this...if you come to church I will buy you frozen yogurt and I will eat a grasshopper. Yikes. Done deal. It worked. She came. I have to eat a grasshopper tomorrow. I'm sure there are blessings waiting for me somewhere. The moral of the story is church is super important and if you need me to prove how important it is, apparently I'll eat insects. Who am I?
 
xoxo,
Hna Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment