Monday, April 8, 2013

Habanero soup


Someone served us habanero soup the other day. It was supposed to be chicken soup but she ended up putting an entire bottle of habanero chile sauce thinking it was something else. Oops. We all about died...but mostly the Chilean and Spaniard who can't even handle the spice of pepper. That was kind of funny. I sweat quite a bit, but I'm totally Latina now so I took it like a champ.
 
One of our recent converts told us that every time she reads the Book of Mormon she has bad dreams that night so she doesn't think she should read anymore. Oh dear. We explained to her that it's actually probably the telenovelas that are the root of the problem and that the scriptures are a way to bring peace. I'm not sure I convinced her yet, but next time I think I'll trick her into reading the Book of Mormon by telling her we are going to read some telenovelas. tehehe.
 
We taught a women in Taco Bell the other day. That was new. I felt super awkward praying and reading scriptures while I chomped on a Doritos taco (which I do find amazing - Cyn, they have cool ranch flavor now, just sayin). I'm not really sure how much spirit was able to cut through the blazing Taco Bell music and smell, but I think we probably got in a good word or two. Desperate times.
 
This week in primary I struggled to keep the children from climbing up on my lap. It's just so enhancing and they don't really understand mission rules, they are just like her lap is so warm and inviting, I want to sit there. I can understand that. They actually were quite sneaky having one girl distract me while the other would casually throw her leg up on one of my knees and before I knew it I had a kid in my lap. After about the 5th time of putting them back in their own chair, I gave up and let both girls sit on my knee while I prayed President wouldn't randomly walk into our primary class. Then 5 minutes later one of the girls handed me her purse to open for her...for the half eaten apple she had been saving as a little primary snack. Good call, my young one.  
 
I lost my Spaniard today. I'll be getting a new missionary on Thursday. She is going to be super excited to get a missionary that invents Spanish. This is going to be epic!
 
xoxo,
Hna Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment