Thursday, March 28, 2013

11 months!


Whelp, we flooded the church this weekend before a baptism. That's right, you actually can flood the baptismal font, we just wanted to test that theory out and yup, it works. Ten minutes before the baptism, I was in the bathroom mopping up as much as I could. I finally told the girls they were going to get wet anyway, we just wanted to give them a little preview. The rest of the baptism went mostly smoothly...one of the girls dresses flipped all the way up, but she didn't seem to mind. President gave me very strict orders to approve the dresses so I was just super relieved he missed that one. Phew. Close call.
 
In other random news, this week at the Pulga a woman came up to our booth asking for the redheaded saint gone wild. Everyone turned around and looked at me with those disapproving eyes...What...who...me (ever so innocent)? Apparently I've found myself a real classy reputation at the Pulga. Don't worry, it's actually a good thing. They like me for my spunk, singing, moderate dancing and smile. Those are all good things, mostly. Not only that, but I'm getting our name out there and isn't that the whole point?
 
We had an awesome Zone Conference this week. It wasn't anywhere near as scary as the last one where the President's wife talked about secret combinations. Gulp. This time it was focused on the blessings of serving a mission so it was much more upbeat. One of the guest speakers talked about the gifts we get to bring back with us from the mission. The one that stuck out the most to me was a better understanding and appreciation of the love God has for each one of us. Wow. Today marks my 11 months on the mission and if someone asked me what have I learned the most it would be to eat a lot of food, to speak horrible Spanish and most of all that God loves us SO much. Never in my life have I felt the love of God for his children more than in this past 11 months. As a missionary, we get to make the choice everyday to get up and experience a tiny bit of this love for the people we teach and strangers in the street.  I've never loved people more and as I'm doing that Heavenly Father is helping me feel of His great love for me. What a wonderful gift! I'm so grateful for that. I'm also grateful for all the crazies that I get to talk to, they spice everything up.
 
xoxo,
Hermana Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment