Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Peace Out Transfer


This past week went by so fast that I'm sitting here trying to remember what to share and my mind is totally blank. I didn't even have time to make cute notes about all my adventures/embarrassing moments. Shame. I just finished another transfer too- I can't believe it. I will be getting a new missionary on Thursday - she could even be 19 - woah...so I've mostly been trying to prepare for that so I seem like a missionary that has all her stuff together. haha. Dreams.  
 
Have I mentioned that we teach an English class twice a week? I love it. It's almost as fun as BINGO with old folks. It's the two times out of the week where I feel like I have the language advantage and I enjoy it. I also love teaching them funny words and helping them pronounce 'v' and 'b' correctly so people don't think they want more berries when they say thank you very much. It's illuminating me with a greater awareness of weird words we use and why we pronounce things the most confusing way possible. I'm glad I grew up speaking English cause it seems pretty hard to learn. Also I had the entire class laughing like 12 yr old boys when they taught me the Spanish word for fart - either it's way funnier in Spanish or it's the white girl thing again. Maybe both.
 
I have been designated the mission chorister so I now lead the music at every mission function. It's truly an honor...until I realized it meant I had to be early to everything and I have to lift extra weights to keep my arms from now getting tired out after the 3rd verse of the Spirit of God. But...I love the compliments. I never thought the chorister would get compliments, but I do and I like them, not gonna lie - keep em coming. After directing the outgoing fireside on Sunday people came up to me with the sweetest/most bizarre compliments. Among them includes: "You look like an angel up there!" ~Cute Sister and oh how sweet. "There is no one more qualified for this job" ~the APs. "You're the best chorister I've ever seen." ~NY Times. "I love the way you wave your arms." ~Awkward Elder. And my favorite, although it left me slightly confused as to whether it was good thing or something I maybe should work on: "I love how much you smile, it doesn't look like you're singing, it looks like you're standing up there waving and telling a great story...and I just want to know what it's about." ~two different people at different times. 
 
In other news I had to put hot sauce on my pizza the other day because it was too bland. I'm evolving!
 
Anyway, that's about it for this week. We are super behind on everything and I've got to go train two new sisters in this area that somehow I have to split up in 2 days. Yikes. This week is going to be cra-cray. Wish me luck! 
 
Also, all the missionaries keep telling me that after your halfway mark in the mission, you stop getting mail. Please prove them all wrong! hint, hint...wink, wink. Love you all. Oh and also, don't forget to read scriptures every day...and do other spiritual things. Thanks, the Missionaries and God.
 
xoxo,
Hermana Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment